// WHO WE ARE
Empowering Leaders, Influencing Culture, Delivering Hope
United Youth Outreach is an missional & evangelistic youth outreach ministry
• Identifying, equipping, empowering & sending missional leaders who impact today’s youth with the Gospel
• Reching Canada region by region
• Developing ministry leaders and teams for missional ministries
United Youth Outreach fulfills its mission through
- Working with churches, missions, organizations and youth outreaches
- Training and placement of leaders who are initiating new youth programs and outreach ministries
- Resourcing schools
- Discipling students
- Evangelistic outreach
1. Alignment with the Holy Spirit – We seek relationship with and empowerment from Holy Spirit; we look to Him for wisdom, direction and help.
2. Evangelism Always – We believe our role is to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
3. Holistic People – We believe that healthy individuals are an end in themselves, but also help to make a successful organization.
4. Servant Leadership – Just as Jesus came to serve us; our role is to lead by serving everyone around us in a loving manner.
5. Strategic Thinking – We desire to count the cost before tackling a project and believe that God calls us to be good stewards and strategic in our planning for the future.
6. Humility – We know that we all have room to grow.
7. Apostolic Innovation – As directed by the Holy Spirit, we will strive to accomplish the vision God has given us. We will take risks, be cutting edge, try new things, be willing to fail and push ourselves into the unknown.
8. A Good Story – We believe in storytelling. It’s powerful, gives glory to God, and gives encouragement and permission to the hearers.
Statement of Faith
1. That the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative written Word of God.
2. In the eternal existence of one true God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. In the Saviour of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
4. In the creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness.
5. That forgiveness of sin and eternal life is freely offered to all by our Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation of sinners is by grace through faith alone, in the perfect all sufficient work of Christ, who died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification.
6. In Water Baptism of believers by immersion in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. In the Baptism with the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation with the scriptural evidence.
8. In the gifts of the Holy Spirit as enumerated in the book of Acts and the Epistles.
9. In the Lord’s Table as a memorial for believers.
10. In Divine Healing as practiced throughout the New Testament.
11. In the eternal life of the believer and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
12. In the Spirit-filled life. The Holy Spirit is the catalyst for sanctification and seeks to produce His fruit in the believer’s life as their minds are renewed and they are conformed to the image of Christ.
13. In the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church.
14. In the sanctity of marriage, as a life long exclusive commitment between one man and one woman.
On a Monday evening, I am most likely studying the latest Beth Moore Bible Study with a Women’s group at church
I completed 2 degrees:
BEd – University of Alberta, Edmonton in 1986
BRE – Canadian Bible College, Regina (aka Ambrose) in 1995
Summary of work experience: I taught early Elementary grades in Christian schools in Ponoka, Lacombe, and in the Philippines at a New Tribes Mission MK school. Then I went on to be married, raise 4 children (3 boys and 1 girl) as a stay-at-home mom, and do bookwork for our multiple home-based businesses. My kids, who are all teenagers now, are into various sports (Volleyball, Basketball, Rugby, Soccer) and keep me entertained with their games. Rugby has become my favorite sport to watch!
A super fun fact about you: I crochet necklaces (the latest craze) and sell them at Christmas craft sales.
I am passionate about: teaching the Bible and discipling upper Elementary-aged children in the Sunday School setting
Favorite summer activity: I love driving through the mountains and other rural settings and admiring God’s beautiful creation.
Associate Director of Ministries – United Youth Outreach
Director – Love on Fire
On a weekend, I am most likely preaching to youth and congregations or traveling with my wife or a team to minister. We challenge people to know Jesus as saviour and Lord and to share their faith with others.
4 Year Diploma of Ministry – Christian Ministry Training Centre 1993-98
JIBC (EMR certification and license 2005)
Summary of Work Experience:
AYMI: 2009- Present
BC Ambulance Service: 2003 – 2010
Tumbler Ridge Christian Fellowship (BC): 2003 – 2009
Peace Valley Community Church (Hudson’s Hope, BC): 2000 – 2004
Gateway Christian Ministries and Christian School: 1994 – 2000
Favorite book of the Bible/Bible verse:John – the Gospel
Favorite band/artist: I have eclectic tastes
I am passionate about: Jesus, my beautiful wife, our family, our ministry to the youth, art, and travelling
The most exotic place/country I’ve visited is: Zambia, Africa ( I saw wild hippos, a chameleon, a civet, monkeys on my roof, and dead cobras)
The weirdest food I’ve ever consumed: alligator or tarantula meat (it’s a toss-up)
Favorite summer activity: hiking and swimming in the mountains or at the coast
You can email Ben at:
Position(s) held: Receptionist for United Youth Outreach
I LOVE DIVING IN THE WORD OF GOD♥
Summary of Work Experience:
- Biblical Studies
- Long-standing administration and reception experience in Germany
- Multi-lingual, fluent in spoken and written English, German and Czech, and able to understand other Slavic languages
What I love to do:
- Telling people about the beauty of our Lord Jesus
- Showing my husband Danny my love for him
- Showing, and telling people how precious they are
- Being creative and singing
Favourite book of the Bible/Bible verse:
I love this Scripture: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
However, I so love the entire BIBLE! I call the Bible “The Book of Books” as it is just one book; but it contains such an incredible wisdom that surpasses our human understanding. It’s God’s Wisdom! He made this beautiful Book available to us, so that we can rejoice in Him always, and we really can rejoice in Him ALWAYS if we abide in Him and His truths.
Favourite teaching: I love listening to Dr. David Jeremiah, John Paul Jackson, Kathryn Kuhlman, and many more
I am passionate about:
- Relationship with my Lord Jesus
- Seeing my beautiful husband happy
The country I would love to visit: Israel
What’s funny about me? I enjoy being silly (lol)
Favourite summer activity: Taking our motorhome that we call “Grace” and go to a nice quiet place where we can enjoy the God’s creation and His presence
You can email Alena at:
Board of Directors
Interested in joining the United team?
See our jobs page
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
For updates on new blog posts, ministries,
and our quarterly newsletter, UP!